Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thursday.. dreaded running day

I look forward the bike/ run class, yet I dread every minute of it. Once I am done, I feel great. Had a great bike session. Running wise, Jerry, our coach had us working on our VO2 Max. I have no idea what it stands for , but I know it is about breathing and getting out as much CO2 and intaking as much O2 as possible. Who knew running was so technical. After our 5 min warmup we did a painful set of 5 min@ 70%, 1 min rest, 4 min @75%, 1 min rest, 3 min @ 80 %, 1 min rest, 2 min @ 90%, 1 minute rest and 1 minute @ 100%. Wow. I was glad I completed it, but it was a bear.

After class, Jerry came up to me and complimented me on how well I was doing. He also asked me how much weight I have lost over the past several weeks as he said I looked much slimmer than day 1. To my surprise, the weight has been pealing off with the added running. Lost an additional 6 lbs. Anyway, It was nice to hear I was doing good.

We only have two more weeks left of the class. I do plan on signing up again. It keeps me motivated and honest in my workouts.

No comments: