Sunday, July 6, 2008

3rd place in the Aquathlon...

















in my division that is. 39th overall. Hoping there was a 4th, 5th and 6th place in my division:)

Went to Howell and competed in the Independence Aquathlon. I had a great time today. There was about 100 people in this small event. I don't think many people know about it yet so I think it will soon grow. It is a 1.24 mile run (2K), 1000 meter swim and another 1.24 mile run. Completed it all in about 37 minutes.. I think. The swim was great, the run was hard. There were lots of small hill and uneven surfaces, but I conquered it all. Don and the kids came out to cheer me on. I look forward to participating again next year.


Up next, Lansing Legislature Triathlon... August 10th..

4 comments:

Jess said...

That is too cool. Congrats!

It sounds like a fun event--I'll have to keep it in mind for next year. :)

F3 Gals said...

WAY to go Michelle!! Your rock! That does sound like fun and I will think about it for next year. Way to go on the 3rd place finish!!!!!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sis!! Nice work.... 2012 Olympics here you come....

F3 Gals said...

BRAVO - thanks for sharing your story! Nice finish, too! Again...you are an inspiration! I am so glad you have found fitness you enjoy - it certainly will make your weight loss maintenence easier! Think about how far you have come!!
You rock!
Linda