Tri class #2 started up this week. Did the run/bike session and made it to 8:40 mile, down 1:05 seconds from my first run in January. Not bad. Seems like it is finally coming together. Also still working on the couch to 5 K program. Currently in week 5 and have a 20 min run ahead of me. That should be interesting. Ran on Sat. Did 3/4 mile, walk, 3/4 mile, walk, 3/4 mile. I was surprised I finished it. Felt good.
Swam in my first Masters Swim meet today. It was a hoot. Had a great time and swam well. Ended up with a :34 50 free, 1:15 100 free, ;38 50 back, 1:24 100 back. Those were definately not my old high school times, but they were good enough to get me two first place ribbons and two second place ribbons. The kids thought it was so cool that mommy got ribbons. They went home and placed them all around the house. Nia even made a sign for me saying "go mommy go". How's this for motivation, there was a 89 year old lady there swimming in the meet. She was awesome, slow, but awesome. I can only hope to be alive at 89 let alone swimming in a meet. There were alot of "older" people there still doing it. Pretty cool to see. Hoping to do another meet again soon. In the meantime, I will keep working on things.
That's all for now.
John how are you doing out there?
M
Swam in my first Masters Swim meet today. It was a hoot. Had a great time and swam well. Ended up with a :34 50 free, 1:15 100 free, ;38 50 back, 1:24 100 back. Those were definately not my old high school times, but they were good enough to get me two first place ribbons and two second place ribbons. The kids thought it was so cool that mommy got ribbons. They went home and placed them all around the house. Nia even made a sign for me saying "go mommy go". How's this for motivation, there was a 89 year old lady there swimming in the meet. She was awesome, slow, but awesome. I can only hope to be alive at 89 let alone swimming in a meet. There were alot of "older" people there still doing it. Pretty cool to see. Hoping to do another meet again soon. In the meantime, I will keep working on things.
That's all for now.
John how are you doing out there?
M
2 comments:
Congrats on your ribbons Michelle - BRAVO to you!
Linda
Those ribbons can go with the ones from 18 years ago.... Dust them off!
Friday I biked 10miles and ran 1, that 1 mile SUCKED, yikes. A few cramps. Ran 4 miles in 30:52 yesterday and lifted weights today. We are starting to mix up what I have been doing so we are still on track.
Post a Comment