Saturday, June 21, 2008

Aquathalon

Wow, it's been a few weeks since I checked in. Time flies!!

Was supposed to do the 5K run at the zoo last weekend ,but dh did not get back in town in time. I did sign the girls up for the mini 1/2 mile sprint run and did that with them. They were so excited and even got a medal. Their 1st of many hopefully. It was nice to see them get in the active spirit.

Training is still going well. On June 9th I began a Cycling Bootcamp class at the Y. This is in addition to my regular class on Monday nights. With this boot camp class it is 1 1/2 hours of intense cycling mixed in with it is weights, cardio and core. It's pretty fun, but tough. Been working alot on the running. Ran 3 times this past week and each time ran 3.1. Even got up at 6 AM and ran one morning before work. My husband almost passed out in shock. I mapped out a route near the house that works great www.mapmyrun.com , part flat, part hills. I have also been swimming with a friend who has a house on Lake Geneva. Thanks Kathy!! It is a great lake and one time across is about 400 meters. Unfortunately I got "swimmers itch" from the lake last week and have been unable to get back in for a few days.

Next mini goal is set for July 6th, Howell Aquathalon. It's their 6th year of the event. It is a 1.2K run, 1000 meter open water swim, 1.2 K run. It sounded fun and has alot of swimming which is my strength. Still working towards the next Triathalon on August 10th.

Michelle

2 comments:

F3 Gals said...

Hi Michelle,

Who teaches the cycling bootcamp at the Y? What time,is it full? Might be fun....hmmm...

YAY for your kids! I know mine love receiving the medals for their runs!

Dare I ask about swimmer's itch - details please...?? I have heard about it...

Sound like fun in Howell - go get 'em!

F3 Gals said...

Michelle,

It was me...Linda