Sunday, April 27, 2008

I finished my first 5 K


Today I completed the Komen 5 K. I am glad to report I completed it in 31:00 minutes. I was really hoping for 30 minutes, but I will take it. I must admit, I did stop about 3 different times and walked for about a minute or two. Couldn't help but think that we have all lost our minds doing this after a 400 meter swim and 10 mi bike.. That's crazy and boy oh boy that 5k is gonna hurt at the end. Needless to say, I am sore and will probably me even more sore in the AM. Back to cycling and weights tomorrow and swimming on Tuesday. Need to work on just running for 30 minutes several times a week and hopefully that will help.

Hope everyone elses training is going well.. Jess, Kathy, Linda and John.

Michelle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything is going good here. To be honest, I'm getting sick of training.... I would like to have this race soon... Oh well... Running about 3.5-4miles 3 - 4 times a week, getting on the bike a few times and still swimming once a week. Once we get closer I will start swimming twice a week.

Anonymous said...

Oh and nice work on the 5k, keep it up

Jess said...

Couldn't help but think that we have all lost our minds doing this after a 400 meter swim and 10 mi bike.

I had that exact thought when I got out of Kathy's lake the other day. Yeesh! We're tough, though. Right?

F3 Gals said...

Hi guys - keep up the good training! Way to go!

Train On...
Linda