Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Introduction


My name is Michelle and I am currenty in training for my first triathlon.
This photo to the left is what motivated me to lose weight and set a goal not only for weight loss, but to complete a triathlon.



Completing a triathlon is something that I always wanted to do, but never thought I could do. Everytime I thought about doing one, an excuse appeared and diverted me somewhere else. Usually it diverted me to the kitchen or anywhere with food. With that said, I am also a current member of Weight Watchers. I just completed one year on plan and have lost over 40 lbs. For the last 4 months I have maintained my weight with much frustration. I am hoping this additional exercise and training will put me over the edge and lose that additional 10 lbs so I can get to a wonderful 157 goal weight.. Not bad as I started at 207. Ouch!!



Triathlon date is 6/1/08, Hawk I Tri in Lansing, Michigan. I registered 1/1/08 with the resolution to complete this journey. I am not worried about time or what place I finish, but I would just like to cross that finish line. This is a sprint triathlon with a 400 meter swim, 10 mile bike and 3.2 mile run.



Forgot to metion one thing.... I don't run.. Wish me luck.



Michelle

No comments: