First post on the blog, but just wanted to update you on my status.
Joined a Tri class at the local YMCA. On Tuesdays we swim. On Thursdays we Run and Bike.
I was a swimmer in high school a mere 17 years ago. I just got back into the water in October 2007. It definately feels great to be swimming again. I missed the training, sets, smell of chlorine. I have also hooked up with some Master's swimmers at the YMCA and am doing some training with them as well.
As for biking.. we have a stationary bike at home and I have been riding on that since last year when I started WW. I am working more on sets, hills, etc to push up that heart rate. Had the first bike/ spin class last week. Wow was that intense to actually get that butt up and off the bike. It was cool and I am looking forward to learning more about biking.
Then there is running. I don't run. In the past, in my old softball days, I ran from 1st base to 2nd base with an occassional triple in there, but that was the extent of it. Last week I ran my first mile that I can ever remember. It was painful and I completed in 9 min 45 seconds. I can definately improve in this area. My legs hurt for 3 days afterwards.
That's all for now.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keep up the good work sis..... Biked 5 miles today and ran 2.5 miles. I need to save some gas for basketball tonight.... Keep pushing it... GO GO GO You need to keep up with me on June 1st....
Post a Comment